Year by year, the entertainment industry in Amman has been developing and aiming to be the hub for all entertainment shows within the region. From stand-up comedy shows performed by the likes of Nemr Abou Nassar, Russell Peters, and Pablo Francisco to music concerts such as Enrique Iglesias, Marcel Khalife, Yanni, and Amr Diab.
Last Friday, the master of the whip & nae nae, Silentó, performed for the first time in Amman at the Orthodox Club in front of all of his fans alongside DJ Arsh. We sat down with the talented 19 year old where we chatted about his musical inspirations, Amman, and more.
1) How did it feel performing in front of your fans in Jordan for the first time ever? And what was your favorite moment during the concert?
Im very happy that I performed here in Jordan and I would definitely love to come back here again! All of my fans were singing along and even supported me when I performed my new songs, I loved it. My favorite moment would be when all of the kids wouldn’t get off the stage.
2) If you could collaborate with 3 artists, dead or alive, who would they be?
That is a tough one actually. There are a lot of options but if I had to pick just 3, I would go for Justin Bieber, Usher and Akon.
3) What is Silentó’s vision for 2017?
Just staying focused and work hard as ever. Less talk, more action.
4) What did you think of DJ Arsh and what was it like working with him?
He’s a very nice guy actually, I loved working with him. If he didn’t send me a DM on my Instagram, I wouldn’t have performed here in Jordan. People in Amman should give props to him.
5) Old school music or new school?
I would say 80% old school and 20% new school.
6) If you could deliver a message to the younger generation, what would it be?
Just don’t let anyone get in your way of success, even if they tell you that you cannot do it. Stay focused and committed to your passion and hopefully your dreams will come true.